Monday, October 28, 2013

From 24x7 to 24 - Not bad!

I had no expectations from 24 (the new TV series on Colors). But I must admit that it has grown on me. The pace, the thrill and somewhere the very impressive integrity of a secret agent (with his share of personal issues) is interesting enough to keep glued to my TV screen for a couple of hours every week. I admire the production value which respects me as a viewer. A neat break from the pseudo, flamboyant and sometimes even in-your-face settings (like the very irritating spotlight on all the more irritable Navjot Singh Siddhu who bangs the table in 'Comedy Nights with Kapil' instead of the Assembly). I haven't seen the American version of 24, but I believe that the Indianization is slick! On another note, TV news are going from being moronic to schizophrenic - completely obsessed with two persons - Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi. I wonder what if none of the two becomes the next PM - will some anchors go to a rehab or commit suicide. However at the moment the more interesting part for me is to see the next PM's oath in 24! PS. By the way I got to know that people still watch 'Bigg Boss'!

No comments:

Post a Comment